Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pogoda

Whenever I told people at home that I wanted to move to Poland, they would often say 'isn't it cold there?'  Poland is well known for it's freezing winters, but it also has lovely summers with temperatures often reaching 30 degrees or more.  September is usually a good month in Poland too, but this year it was apparently the coldest September for many years, and it's only getting colder!  It's already regularly hitting 0, -2, -4 degrees out at night, and we're expecting snow next week!  Not only that but I've been told this year it's going to be -20 as early as November, when usually it would be late December/January that it gets so cold.  I've already found myself saying jest mi zimno more and more so I've no idea how I'm going to cope; I need to man up, and go winter wardrobe shopping!

P.S. I came out of Piotr i Pawel last Friday and thought wow it's gone foggy all of a sudden, but it turned out a car was on fire in the car park!!

No comments:

Post a Comment