Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dog Tax

It's always difficult when a lesson isn't well received, and today my lesson on global warming went down like a lead balloon!  I was told 'if you want us to discuss global warming, you will be waiting, we aren't interested in this.'  Talk about blunt! Harsh especially considering the previous lesson I had asked what the group was interested in, and global warming was mentioned.

So somehow, we got onto the topic of taxes, and I found out Poland has a dog tax.  If you own a dog, you pay between 30zl and 100zl tax every year, and you pay for every dog you own.  I don't know how they decide if you pay 30zl or 100zl, but my suggestion about it being down to the size of the dog went down nearly as badly as the topic of global warming.  Silly me?

2 comments:

  1. I think this is really funny. It's a good idea but not sure it would catch on in the UK. Maybe David Cameron could use this to cushion the defence cuts?

    PS: loving the Chihuahua!

    ReplyDelete