Thursday, June 30, 2011

Finding Poland: The Search is Over

I arrived home on Saturday's very wet and windy morning.  I cried when I reached Liverpool, it was all over.

I started this blog in an attempt to maintain a diary of my time away and as a written hunt for the differences between England and Poland and the things that make Poland both an individual and a great country.  I'm happy that I'll be able to look back on all the places I visited, all the things I did and for me most importantly all the quirky little things that I found along the way.

It's too hard to try and summarise my 'findings' from the last 10 months, sometimes being away was easy, sometimes it was hard, sometimes it was the best thing that I could have asked for and sometimes it sucked!  I can't say that I wouldn't change anything, I still wish I'd got to drive that Maluch, but maybe next time!

For anybody thinking of visiting Poland, do it.  I wrote about my opinions and my experiences but be sure to explore and create your own, it would be great to hear some of them.  I know that my journey in Poland isn't over and I hope it never will be.  Luckily my thoughts remain the same as when I started this blog - the people, the history, the architecture, the beer and the food are all worth visiting, thanks to those things for making the last 10 months of my life truly great ones.


Pa pa Polska, kocham cie!

7 comments:

  1. I'm sad you're gone! and this post was genuinely moving - maybe I'll feel more appreciative of old Polska?

    Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad I'm gone! Thanks, I'll stay in touch with Poland via your blog, so be nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, how about your students (mostly early teenagers as I saw in the "birthday photo"), any great farewell gifts? Any girl's stuff like "I'll write you a letter, for sure!" or boy's stuff like "You were spoko! Come back again in September!"? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a mixture of both adults and kids, and yes some lovely gifts including a handmade necklace, lots of flowers and chocolate. I like to think some of them were sad to see me go and I'm sure some of them were thrilled! I'm still waiting on a few emails, I'll visit in the future so may see a few around. I hate goodbyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time in Polska. I have learnt a lot about yur adopted city through your posts and also feel a great sadness for not having driven a Maluch (as yet). Greetings from Warsaw.

    Paddy

    ReplyDelete