Friday, June 3, 2011

Things I will and won't miss

Things I'll miss:
  • Mushroom soup in a bread bowl
  • Maluchs
  • Piwos and vodkas and the people I drink them with
  • The 'Another vodka' song
  • Toruń generally
  • Sitting on balconies
  • Seeing the panorama every time I come over the bridge 
  • The lack of rain
  • Cellar bars and late opening hours
  • Walks along the river                                       
  • Sarah's light fingers                          
  • Polish food
  • The daily excursion to the bakery and Zabka             
Things I won't miss
  • My job
  • Maybe I won't miss all the food...
  • 9 o clock finishes
  • 10 o clock teas
  • Sleepless nights due to 9 o clock finishes and 10 o clock teas
  • My bed
  • The price of clothes
  • How everything closes at 9pm (except P&P's (10))
  • Walking down the street and having to stop at every red light
  • Huge phone bills

It's reassuring to see that the will miss list far outweighs the won't miss list, better soak it all up, only 3 weeks to go now...

3 comments:

  1. You stop at every red light? Just do a qucik check for Straz Miejska and if it's all clear...leg it!

    and you'll miss Zabka? That one suprised me because Zabka is freaking expensive.

    do you have any other teaching destinations lined up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't miss zabka itself, but everyday a few of us nip to the bakery or zabka near school for something to eat, it's a daily 5 minutes of escapism.

    I only have a summer school arranged and that's as far as my planning has gone, I'm going to get a move on and get looking but I won't be abroad again for some time, szkoda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Secretagent: That's a really polish approach to the law! Welcome to the club! :)

    ReplyDelete