Thursday, June 23, 2011

Nearing the end

Yesterday I finished my contract with the school I've been working at in Torun and now there are literally only a couple of days to go before I leave here and return to England.  Mixed emotions are the only two appropriate words that I can use.

I was glad that it was the end of the school year, I've had so many ups and downs in this job, many things that I wasn't prepared for or really wasn't happy about.  I didn't come to Poland to be a teacher, I became a teacher so that I could come to Poland.  I wasn't looking for a career in teaching at all but I've enjoyed learning and seeing my own progress and that of my students and I've met so many lovely people along the way and I hope that I made some difference to their English speaking lives.  I didn't expect to say this when I arrived but I think and hope that I'll keep teaching in some capacity in the future.

I really do hate goodbyes and now is the time to start saying them to people which is very hard.  I've had a truly awesome time particularly over the last few weeks which we seem to have crammed so much into.  It isn't time to go quite yet but today I took out my suitcase and it's half full already, today is the perfect day to get all nostalgic and teary.  Must get on with my packing, it's nearly time to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment