Thursday, June 23, 2011

Holiday hell

There are so many holidays in Poland, it seems they have them every other week!

Today is Corpus Christie, so once again the whole of Poland is closed for business.  In a way I'm glad that they hold on to their religion and traditions by marking all of these holidays, but it really is impractical.  I for one have no food in and nowhere is open for me to go and buy any!

Last weekend there was a similar situation; I headed off to Bydgoszcz all geared up for a girly shopping day and found the shopping centre closed for yet another religious holiday.  Bardzo annoying at the time as we had absolutely no idea there was a holiday and were perhaps slightly overexcited at the prospect of spending all our wages on clothes, thankfully consolation beers on a boat bar made everything better.

At least I knew about this one and I'd already planned a day in cleaning and getting organised, but I am slightly hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment