Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sto lat!

Yesterday I spent my 26th birthday in Poland, happy birthday me! It was an excellent day, I wasn't expecting anything special but I had a few lovely surprises.  I was met at work with chocolates and a surprise visit from a friend who rushed me for a huge ice cream before lessons and in two of my classes the students surprised me with flowers and cakes, a rendition of happy birthday in English and their Polish equivalent 'Sto lat sto lat, niech zyje zyje nam...' you know the rest!  The song wishes the songee a 100 years of life and good health.


I went out for my first traditional Polish Indian meal after work which was something a bit different; I've eaten mainly Polish food here so I thought I'd try out the supposed 'best restaurant in town' before I left.  The place itself outdid the food slightly, I thought my curry was lacking in a few spices but it was yummy anyway and the restaurant staff presented me a nice bottle of French wine as another birthday treat.  


An all round great birthday! Thank you everyone :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment