Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Soup number 4

While I'm in Poland, I'm determined to work on my cooking skills.  I really like Polish food and it'll be good to be able to make it at home, and I think that reading recipe books is going to be a good way of improving my Polish.  The first thing I'm tackling is soup!  Poland is famous for it's soups, but traditional żurek or barszcz is a bit out of my league at the minute so I'm making some standard veg soups to hone my skills before I tackle them.  First there was the infamous carrot-water soup, not so yum.  Soup number 2 was the mushroom mud soup, tasted like mushroom but looked like mud, not really the best.  On Sunday I made tomato and red pepper, it was ok, if you like eating tinned tomatoes.  Finally, soup number 4 happened, and it rocks!

1 comment:

  1. at least it didnt look like mushroom and taste like mud

    ReplyDelete