Monday, November 1, 2010

Długi weekend

3 day weekends are ace - fact.  You get to run around for 2 days, and have a second chance at a relaxing Sunday.  This weekend of course was made even more fantastic by the guest appearance of Sean, who arrived on Thursday.  We ate so much Polish food; I finally tried Bigos, I enjoyed it but the flavours are very strong and I found it a bit overpowering.  I also tried some Kvass which is a fizzy pop made from rye bread and tastes a bit like Dr Pepper, it's fermented but not alcoholic enough to be classed as alcohol.

Sean rented a car (a beast) from the airport so we were able to get around a bit this weekend, on Saturday morning we headed up to Malbork Castle for the day.  We decided we'd drive to Poznan and stay there on Saturday night to save a long journey early Sunday morning.  On the way we stopped in Bydgoszcz for a trip down memory lane for me and some food, I love Sphinx!  Sunday morning brought a mad rush to the airport, we couldn't understand how we had overslept by so much.  Eventually we realised that the clocks had changed and we had a whole extra hour in the airport waiting.

I only got back to Torun at 11pm last night, of course as today's free we had to make the most and go out.  I was already tired so I really wasn't planning on being out till 5, but it was fun and I discovered Zubrowka apple pie!! The classic Zubrowka z sokiem with a twist, a sprinkle of cinnamon and some vanilla syrup, and it really did taste like apple pie!  Lovely stuff!  Unfortunately I'm still feeling the effects of it's loveliness.

Today has been very quiet, what with my hangover and everything being closed, I've spent most of the day in my room and eating the beautiful Cadbury's dairy milk Sean brought.  I'll have a walk round the cemetery later, it's not to be missed today, and that will conclude my weekend.  Back to work tomorrow... :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment