Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Inowrocław

I go to Inowrocław every Monday and Wednesday with school.  Everybody hates going to 'Ino' because it adds 2 hours onto any working day with the journey there and back and personally I'm always complaining about only getting to eat so late in the evening; 11pm sometimes.  But I far from hate going, I have 3 great classes there which I really enjoy teaching, things always seem to go very smoothly.

Yesterday I went to Ino of my own accord (unheard of) to visit my friend Lucyna.  Till then I'd never made it past the IH School and the nearest żabka so I was looking forward to seeing a bit more of what the place had to offer.  The centre of Ino looks okay, I'm sure it's not a bad place to live but there doesn't seem to be much going on and it looks a little run down on the way in.


Today I got to see past all that and took a walk to the huge Teznie park, we walked down a long village lane to get there with every dog barking at us on the way.  The Teznie is the same stuff as what they have in Ciechocinek, but it's a lot newer and therefore much more beneficial to your health.  Unfortunately it's all turned off in the Winter. 


The area is surrounded by forest and parks, with a few health spas, a concert stage and a nice fountain made with moving lights rather than water, unfortunately that was turned off too with it being day time.

After a long walk we went for some nice healthy food; a bardzo smaczny gulash prepared by Lucyna and a strawberry smoothie excellently prepared by me :-) I have to say it was 'quite civilized' indeed!

3 comments:

  1. Keep the pictures coming, they look great. Thank you.

    Jonathan

    Nashville, Tennessee, USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I've always wondered about Inowroclaw. Had never been there before. Looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a very small place and not bursting with attractions, but yes it's good to see that there are such beautiful places hidden away if you just know where to look! It was a lovely, I think the park is the nicest place in the town.

    ReplyDelete