Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ladies Day :)

Happy Ladies Day to all the ladies of Poland!  Today us girls had a lovely surprise at work.  We were called in for a very suspicious meeting in the office and left wondering what we had done wrong until Romek, our boss, and all the men at work presented us with a huge cake and a round of applause.  It was really unexpected and a lovely gesture, great for staff morale.  The cake was a very rich chocolate and cherry cake, of course I felt sick after a slice but still managed to sneak a bit more a few hours later.

I nipped into the Old Town before classes and saw so many people with flowers and gifts, the Poles really go all out for their ladies!  It's nice to be appreciated.

There are so many holidays in Poland it's difficult to keep up with them all, but I did remember that today was Shrove Tuesday, and therefore pancake day in England.  Unfortunately my pancakes were a disaster, I'll have to stick to Polish cuisine in future.

2 comments:

  1. It's MAN DAY today! but not a single woman has given me beer :(

    I can't help but thinking the inequality between the two days is slightly sexist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish they had ladies day here!!!

    ReplyDelete