Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A tribute to Maluchy

Maluchs are the best cars in Poland.  Fiat 126's but known as Maluchy which means 'little one'.  I love seeing them, they're so little and old and rubbish.  I think they look really cool but they're known for being quite unsafe, they say if you crash a Maluch the crash will end at the engine, but the engines are in the back of the car where modern boots are, so you have to put your shopping in the front.  I think you can pick them up for a few hundred zloty, pretty cheap as they're no longer being made, they'll be collectors soon enough.

It was my dream to drive a Maluch but it's looking less and less likely with only a few weeks to go before the end of the year.  If anyone in the Torun area has one that they want to rent out for an evening, leave a comment :-)

3 comments:

  1. I stopped reading at the first sentence. Clearly you don't know what you're talking about :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jak kolwiek :p they are very cool cars, the only car in Poland that I really really want a go of!

    ReplyDelete